Room 310 Delta Bldg, West Avenue, West Triangle, Quezon City
(02) 3730817, (02)3733468, 0949-8892016 (Smart), 0917-8614273 (Globe)
The Official Bi-Annual Publication of the Personnel Officers' Association of the PhilippinesVolume 1, Issue No.1 October 1, 2013
Directory of Participants
- DIRECTORY OF PAX - PRICING YOUR JOB - JOB EVALUATION 2015.xls
- DIRECTORY OF PAX - VALUES - CRITICAL COMPONENTS 2015.xls
- DIRECTORY OF PAX - ACCOUNTING FOR NON-ACCOUNTANTS 2015.xls
- DIRECTORY OF PAX - MOTIVATING EMPLOYEES TOWARDS PEAK PERFORMANCE 2015.xls
Stress Management and Accounting for Non-Accountants
May 3 - 6, 2016
Hotel Fleuris - Puerto Princesa City
HIGHLIGHTS AND IMPRESSIONS OF THE SEMINAR:
- All the topics are valuable and relevant to our personal life and current functions. We suggest that the duration of the training will be shortened to 2 to 3 days.
- The technique to handle stress
- How to live a healthy and stress free life
- Know one's self/personality determinants
- The success in life defends in the way we handled stress
- Everything must be controlled by mind
- Facilitators are knowledgeable on their subject matter
- Resource speakers really did their job well
- Secretariat - approachable
- For some of us, the whole topic was totally new, and for others, some parts of the topic refreshed our duty/memory on knowledge we had in college which was 3 1/2 decades back. The topics were presented clearly and interesting which made us realize the importance of accounting and budget allocation in our offices. The materials given which contained the answers to the exercises, made it easier for us to understand the lectures. Others found it difficult because they were not familiar with most of the terms used, but overall the lecture was "good measure, pressed down and running over." All credits go to our speaker.
- We found our speaker very knowledgeable and unselfish in imparting his knowledge. He made us feel comfortable and made the topic seemed very easy. We felt his sincerity in wanting us to learn and gave good emphasis on what is important.
- We enjoyed the workshop - where we were grouped into 5 groups with different members from different department/offices. We developed camaraderie and friendship among us which led us to more enjoyable seminar experience and atmosphere.
2016 Training Calendar, Invitation, and Nomination Form
What is POAP?
The participants of the first Personnel Officers Course of the then Bureau of Civil Service organized the Personnel Officers Association of the Philippines on May 6, 1957. Alumni of subsequent sessions of the course constituted the core members of the Association which was incorporated in 1960.
POAP extends membership to government officials and employees and to others who are interested in progressive personnel/human resources (HR) management of the Philippine bureaucracy.
The Association aims to foster active interest in sound public personnel management/HRM.It serves as a clearing- house for information on relevant personnel management/ HRM methods and techniques. It hopes to safeguard and vitalize the merit principle in the government service through the development of a corps of well- informed, forward- looking, responsible personnel management/ HRM officers, administrators and practitioners.
To be the institutional leader in developing and strengthening capabilities of human resources towards excellent public service.
- Strengthen POAP capabilities as the center of excellence for the development of human resources.
- Strengthen the capabilities of human resources towards excellent public service.
- Promote, develop, and maintain the spirit of mutual assistance and understanding amongst members and stakeholders.
- Articulate issues and concerns on merit and fitness, security of tenure, honesty and integrity in public service.
- Promote advocacy for continuous human resources development.
- Establish and maintain effective linkages with private institutions towards development of human resources.