Room 310 Delta Bldg, West Avenue, West Triangle, Quezon City
(02) 3730817, (02)3733468, (0918)928-2888)
The Official Bi-Annual Publication of the Personnel Officers' Association of the PhilippinesVolume 1, Issue No.1 October 1, 2013
Directory of Participants
- DIRECTORY OF PAX - MOTIVATING EMPLOYEES TOWARDS PEAK PERFORMANCE 2014
- DIRECTORY OF PAX - STRESS MANAGEMENT 2014
Natividad P. Agawin current board of directors of POAP succumbed to a cardiac arrest and she died at around 1 pm yesterday, May 27, 2014. She was rushed to the icu-heart center in quezon city on May 19, 2014 after complaining of chest pain and hard breathing.
Meanwhile friends are requested to pray for the eternal repose of her soul. She lies in state at the Arlington funeral homes in Araneta Avenue.
A CALL TO ALL POAP MEMBERS:
KINDLY INCLUDE IN YOUR PRAYERS THE IMMEDIATE AND COMPLETE RECOVERY OF OUR ILL POAP OFFICERS:
DIR. NATIVIDAD P. AGAWIN
- ICU, Philippine Heart Center
DIR. ELEANOR E. LAGMAY
- Davao City
DIR. VIRGINIA DC. VALENCIA
- Baguio City
DIR. SOMERADO M. PANDAPATAN
- Cotabato City
POAP PRESIDENT VIRGINIA NAÑAGAS-BACTAD
- Recovering from CA surgery of her right breast
Continuing 55 Years of Championing Sound HRM Practices in Government
What is POAP?
The participants of the first Personnel Officers Course of the then Bureau of Civil Service organized the Personnel Officers Association of the Philippines on May 6, 1957. Alumni of subsequent sessions of the course constituted the core members of the Association which was incorporated in 1960.
POAP extends membership to government officials and employees and to others who are interested in progressive personnel/human resources (HR) management of the Philippine bureaucracy.
The Association aims to foster active interest in sound public personnel management/HRM.It serves as a clearing- house for information on relevant personnel management/ HRM methods and techniques. It hopes to safeguard and vitalize the merit principle in the government service through the development of a corps of well- informed, forward- looking, responsible personnel management/ HRM officers, administrators and practitioners.
To be the institutional leader in developing and strengthening capabilities of human resources towards excellent public service.
- Strengthen POAP capabilities as the center of excellence for the development of human resources.
- Strengthen the capabilities of human resources towards excellent public service.
- Promote, develop, and maintain the spirit of mutual assistance and understanding amongst members and stakeholders.
- Articulate issues and concerns on merit and fitness, security of tenure, honesty and integrity in public service.
- Promote advocacy for continuous human resources development.
- Establish and maintain effective linkages with private institutions towards development of human resources.