Room 310 Delta Bldg, West Avenue, West Triangle, Quezon City
(02) 3730817, (02)3733468, 0949-8892016 (Smart), 0917-8614273 (Globe)
The Official Bi-Annual Publication of the Personnel Officers' Association of the PhilippinesVolume 1, Issue No.1 October 1, 2013
Directory of Participants
- DIRECTORY OF PAX - PRICING YOUR JOB - JOB EVALUATION 2015.xls
- DIRECTORY OF PAX - VALUES - CRITICAL COMPONENTS 2015.xls
- DIRECTORY OF PAX - ACCOUNTING FOR NON-ACCOUNTANTS 2015.xls
- DIRECTORY OF PAX - MOTIVATING EMPLOYEES TOWARDS PEAK PERFORMANCE 2015.xls
IMPRESSIONS OR HIGHLIGHTS ON BAGUIO SEMINAR
(Empowerment: Personal Effectiveness
and Managing Work Place Attitude)
April 5 - 8, 2016
The participants to both seminars gave their over-all impressions. Some of the interesting observations are quoted hereunder:
- The speakers were excellent in all the topics they discussed. The venue is conducive for learning except for the next door seminar which generated noise and caused minor distractions on our part.
- We found the seminar valuable as the participants will be able to apply what they have learned.
- The food served was healthy and delicious. The venue in general is good, which made "Baguio City" a nice and beautiful city which makes it great. It is so far the best city we have ever been to.
- The resource speakers were able to present their topics clearly including the necessary and applicable in managing workplace attitudes , as it not only enlightened the managers on the proper way to handle our staff but also to understand them to obtain a homogenous successful organization.
- Most of the participants rated the training program on Empowerment as excellent, stating among others, that they learned a lot not only from the resource persons but also from their co-participants who shared their experiences.
2016 Training Calendar, Invitation, and Nomination Form
What is POAP?
The participants of the first Personnel Officers Course of the then Bureau of Civil Service organized the Personnel Officers Association of the Philippines on May 6, 1957. Alumni of subsequent sessions of the course constituted the core members of the Association which was incorporated in 1960.
POAP extends membership to government officials and employees and to others who are interested in progressive personnel/human resources (HR) management of the Philippine bureaucracy.
The Association aims to foster active interest in sound public personnel management/HRM.It serves as a clearing- house for information on relevant personnel management/ HRM methods and techniques. It hopes to safeguard and vitalize the merit principle in the government service through the development of a corps of well- informed, forward- looking, responsible personnel management/ HRM officers, administrators and practitioners.
To be the institutional leader in developing and strengthening capabilities of human resources towards excellent public service.
- Strengthen POAP capabilities as the center of excellence for the development of human resources.
- Strengthen the capabilities of human resources towards excellent public service.
- Promote, develop, and maintain the spirit of mutual assistance and understanding amongst members and stakeholders.
- Articulate issues and concerns on merit and fitness, security of tenure, honesty and integrity in public service.
- Promote advocacy for continuous human resources development.
- Establish and maintain effective linkages with private institutions towards development of human resources.